Oh the good times did indeed roll when WWE rolled into New Orleans for this year’s edition of WrestleMania. 14 matches over the span of over 7 hours (WrestleMania Kickoff included) were filled with non-stop action and emotion.WrestleMania saw the end of streaks, A surprise change of attitude, and of course new champions being crowned.
If you missed out on the spectacle that is WrestleMania, no worries, Journalist Without A Beat has you covered. These are the most important moments to come out of WrestleMania 34.
- John Cena goes to WrestleMania as a fan
Keeping to his promise, John Cena showed up to WrestleMania as member of the audience. Cena seemed to enjoy himself as he watched the matches (The Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal, The Cruiserweight Championship match, and the First Ever Women’s WrestleMania Battle Royal) that were shown on the WrestleMania Kickoff show. Throughout the night Cena was shown on screen still in the crowd watching the show, until a WWE referee ran to ringside to inform him with a message. More on that later.
- WWE introduces Augmented Reality/3D Graphics to its Programming
Each year WrestleMania gets bigger, so does the technology. The Miz, Asuka, and The New Day were the five WWE Superstars to receive these new 3D Graphics in their entrances.
- Seth Rollins wins Intercontinental Championship and becomes a WWE Grand Slam Champion
In a hard fought triple threat match that opened the show, Seth Rollins toughed through it and delivered a Stomp to The Miz to win the Intercontinental Championship. This win makes Seth Rollins a WWE Grand Slam Champion as he has won every championship that is currently available to win in WWE.
- Asuka’s vicious suplex to Charlotte from the ring apron to the floor
In what can be called one of the best matches of the night, Asuka brought the fight to the WWE SmackDown Live Women’s Champion Charlotte as the Empress of Tomorrow delivered a hard-hitting suplex from the apron to the floor to The Queen.
- Charlotte retains SmackDown Live Women’s Championship and ends Asuka’s Winning Streak
In a shocking win, Charlotte defeated Asuka to retain the SmackDown Live Women’s Championship. The end of the match came when Charlotte (who had a badly damaged shoulder) locked Asuka in the Figure 8. – not too long after, Asuka tapped from the pain. With this lost, Asuka’s nearly 3 year undefeated streak came to an end in the same venue where the Undertaker’s historic WrestleMania Streak came to an end.
- WWE Referee Informs Cena that Undertaker has arrived, Cena sprints to the back
After the conclusion to the Charlotte vs Asuka match, a WWE Referee rushed to inform John Cena, who was still in the audience that “he’s here”. Cena must have known what the ref meant as he spirnted up the ramp to get ready for the match.
- Jinder Mahal captures the United States Championship
After some outside interference, Jinder Mahal was able to pin Rusev to win his first U.S. Championship.
- Ronda Rousey takes the fight to Triple H
They don’t call her “the baddest woman on the planet” for nothing, unbothered by Triple H cheating tactics, Rowdy Ronda Rousey cornered Triple H and delivered some quick jabs.
- Ronda Rousey wins debut match with Kurt Angle , May have broken Stephanie McMahon’s arm
In the closing moments of the tag match. Stephanie asked for forgiveness, but Ronda responded by saying “too late” and locked in her famous armbar as Stephanie McMahon immediately tapped out.
- The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper & Rowan) Win SmackDown Live Tag Team Championships
This is the team’s first time winning gold on the main roster.
- Undertaker returns to answer John Cena’s WrestleMania challenge and wins in minutes.
John Cena now dressed for battle, made his way to the ring to only find out that the scheduled match between him and Undertaker would not be taking place. Cue Elias. After making quick work of the interrupting Elias, Cena was on his way to the backstage area as he thought Undertaker backed out of the match again. That proved to be false as The Deadman made his chilling entrance to the ring. Without saying a word, Undertaker took the fight to Cena early on. Cena was able to sneak in one move before being caught and tombstoned by Undertaker for the win.
- The Returning Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon wins Tag Match against Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn.
The YES! Movement was in full effect as Daniel Bryan returned to the same stadium where he won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship 4 years prior to put an end to Owens and Zayn – and that’s exactly what he and Shane McMahon did. This win means Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn remain fired from SmackDown Live.
- Nia Jax defeats Alexa Bliss with middle rope super Samoan drop to win Raw Women’s Championship
Nia Jax may be on her way to becoming the most dominant Raw Women’s Champion in history.
- AJ Styles Retains WWE Championship in dream match against Shinsuke Nakamura
After a back and forth match, Styles was able to reverse Nakamura’s Kinshasa into a Styles Clash for the win. A very cool looking sequence indeed.
- Nakamura has a change of attitude
After bowing to AJ Styles and presented him with the WWE title, Nakamura low blows Styles out of nowhere. Nakamura continued his onslaught on Styles and kept his promise of “Knee to Face” as he hit AJ with an Kinshasa on the outside.
- Both Royal Rumble winners lose Championship matches
- Braun Strowman wins RAW Tag Team Championship with a kid named Nicholas
After weeks of suspense on who Strowman’s tag team partner would be, Strowman revealed that he would choose someone from the WrestleMania audience – The person he chose was a 10 year old named Nicholas. This marks Braun Strowman’s first WWE championship.
- Brock Lesnar retains WWE Universal Championship after bloody battle with Roman Reigns
Roamn Reigns poured it all in the ring (literally), but it was not enough as the Beast Brock Lesnar defeated Roman Reigns after elbowing him in the head (causes him to bleed) and hit 5 F-5s.
This is the first WrestleMania since WrestleMania 27 where no World title changes took place.
– Journalist Without A Beat… Out!
Follow me on Social Media
Facebook: Journalist Without A Beat
YouTube: Journalist Without A BeatPeriscope: @JournalistWAB
Tre G, the Journalist Without A Beat. Have a entertainment tip, product to review or story to tell? Send all inquiries over to to journalistwithoutabeat.com